Autism Spectrum Disorders
FULL LIST OF Autism Spectrum Disorders Videos
How SROs can help develop socially acceptable behavior in kids–
PoliceOne Editor at Large Doug Wyllie talks with Alicia Lutman about a program that trains officers on how to help develop socially acceptable behavior in children that are sliding toward a crisis point.
How cops can better serve people who have autism–
In this video, Susan Hamre recalls a conversation with a woman giving thanks to law enforcement for focusing more on how to better serve those with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Susan tells the woman’s story and its significance in continuing to address ASD within law enforcement.
Dealing with persons on the autism spectrum–
In this video, Doug Wyllie chats with Susan Hamre of 'Giant Steps' about how officers can successfully navigate interactions with subjects who are on the Autism spectrum. She offers several points to remember that will help keep both the officer and subject safe and calm.
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
Quiz: Which tactical sunglasses fit your style and budget?
Consider these 6 factors when picking out your next pair of sunglasses