Man drives to N.Y. station, arrested for DWI
SELDEN, N.Y.- Police say they arrested a Manorville man for driving while intoxicated after he checked in at the precinct on a friend who had been arrested for the same offense.
Police say 51-year-old Robert DeRosa drove to the precinct in Selden to inquire about his friend Kenneth Tulaba at about 1:45 Thursday morning. Tulaba had been arrested earlier in the night.
Police say DeRosa looked intoxicated when he got out of his car in front of the station.
After they arrested him, they said that he refused to submit to a chemical test.
DeRosa was to be arraigned in Central Islip Thursday morning.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house