Seattle: Legless man refuses to get out of car during DUI arrest
Christine Clarridge, Staff Reporter
The Seattle Times
The 34-year-old Seattle man, who had lost both of his lower legs to gunshot wounds, was pulled over on northbound Interstate 5 near the Roanoke exit on Saturday by a trooper who said the man was speeding and changing lanes erratically, according to the State Patrol.
The man, who was driving a vehicle with hand controls, told the trooper he had been to a party where he sat in his car and drank, police said.
Read the full story
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic