Mich. police save man from trash compactor
OAK PARK, Mich. - A man who awoke inside a garbage truck that was about to compact its load was rescued after a frantic cellphone call to police, officials say.
The man, who is unemployed but not homeless, was scavenging for bottles Thursday when he fell asleep in a Dumpster, said police Lt. Mike Pousak. He awoke when the container was unloaded into a truck.
Police checked several trucks, including one in a parking lot. "An officer went and pounded on the side of the truck and somebody pounded back," Pousak said. "If I was him I would go to church and play the lottery because today was his lucky day."
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds