In Colo. fugitive sting, cops say "you're mine'' with flowers
By Kirk Mitchell
"Oh, somebody sent me some flowers. Who?" Terry Martinez asked, thrilled at the unexpected gift.
But the answer quickly wrenched the smile off the face of the alleged drunken driver. The box was empty, and the person posing as a delivery man from "Sweetheart Flowers" was an undercover police officer, who quickly pulled out handcuffs.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms