In Colo. fugitive sting, cops say "you're mine'' with flowers
By Kirk Mitchell
"Oh, somebody sent me some flowers. Who?" Terry Martinez asked, thrilled at the unexpected gift.
But the answer quickly wrenched the smile off the face of the alleged drunken driver. The box was empty, and the person posing as a delivery man from "Sweetheart Flowers" was an undercover police officer, who quickly pulled out handcuffs.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman