S.C. officer shoots goat with TASER
"All I could do was grab his horns and scream bloody murder," Pinette, 38, said.
Her daughter called police and Colleton County Deputy Jeff Scott arrived to try to help Pinette up. But the goat bullied his way in and the deputy used his Taser.
At first, Pinette thought the goat was dead.
"Within a few seconds he was back up and going after him again," she said.
Deputies were finally able to get the goat in the back of a pickup truck, but not before stunning it twice more.
The goat's owner plans to find him a new home, authorities said.
Steve Tuttle, a spokesman for Taser International, said he has heard of a Taser being used on two moose in the Yukon as well as on a bear.
"An ostrich would be the oddest one," Tuttle said.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court