Drug arrest involving plush bunny gives new meaning to 'Easter grass'
The Associated Press
EAST HARTFORD, Conn. — Officers who pulled a man over for running a red light found a plush Easter bunny stuffed with marijuana in the car, police say.
When he stepped out of the car, the officer smelled marijuana and saw some on the floor, police said. The officer searched the car, found two baggies of marijuana in the glove box and saw the bunny. Inside the stuffed animal, which was holding an Easter basket, they found 16 small plastic bags of pot, police said.
The officer found hundreds of empty baggies and a digital scale, police said.
Ian Lawrence, 25, was charged with possession of marijuana, operating a drug factory, possession with intent to sell within 1,500 feet of a school and motor vehicle charges.
A telephone listing could not be found for Lawrence, of East Hartford.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court