Stuffed monkey leads Ark. police to drug arrest
The Associated Press
FORREST CITY, Ark. - An Arkansas State Police trooper suspected monkey business when he spotted a large stuffed animal perched atop the dashboard of a pickup truck on the interstate.
A trooper driving down Interstate 40 near Forrest City on Monday spotted a truck with much of its windshield blocked by a large, stuffed monkey, authorities said. When the trooper pulled over the driver, he could smell what he suspected to be marijuana and he searched the vehicle, police said.
The driver, Tonya Rachelle Garner, 35, and passenger, Dennis Ray Garner, 34, both of Willis, Texas, were each charged with several counts of possession of a controlled substance with intent to deliver. Tonya Garner also faces a charge of driving with an obstructed view.
The pair is scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday in St. Francis County District Court.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman