Prosthetic leg prompts lock down in Wa.
BELLINGHAM, Wash. — The woman suspected foul play was afoot. She was half right.
The building was locked down as police conducted a floor-by-floor search. When no suspect was found, police evacuated the building and the woman who reported the incident spotted the office worker who had been carrying the prosthetic leg, The Bellingham Herald newspaper reported.
"Everyone did everything right," Doll said. "Like we hoped, it turned out go be a good situation."
During the lockdown, a U.S. Customs and Border Protection helicopter patrolled the area to check the building's rooftop.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house