Police cruisers keyed at Montgomery, Ala. bar
MONTGOMERY, ALA. — A suspect chose the wrong cars to key on Sunday, but it was no accident: The two police cruisers were clearly marked.
Leonard Purley, 24, of Albuquerque, was arrested Sunday and charged with criminal property damage. He allegedly took a key to the paint jobs of the two cruisers, which were parked outside Graham Central Station on Montgomery NE near San Mateo, according to a police report.
A security guard alerted officers, who were working overtime at the bar. The officers saw Purley walking away, and the security guard identified him as the man who had scratched the cars, according to the report.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police cruisers keyed at Montgomery, Ala. bar
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court