N.H. cruiser sold on popular Web site Craigslist.com
By Shira Schoenberg
The Concord Monitor
CONCORD, N.H.— The popular website Craigslist.com is often a clearing house for apartments or cheap furniture. But the Deering Police Department recently used the site for a different purpose: to sell a broken- down police cruiser.
Voters at this year's town meeting approved a warrant article to buy a new cruiser. But instead of paying someone to tow the old cruiser to the state auction in Concord, the department decided to list it on Craigslist.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman