Teen girl swipes Philadelphia police cruiser
By The Associated Press
PHILADELPHIA, Pa. — A teenage girl with a 5-year-old child in tow stole a police car and took it for a joyride before crashing it in North Philadelphia, police said.
Officials said the girl, found waiting for police after she sideswiped a van Monday evening, would be charged with auto theft.
The girl dropped the child off with a relative and then continued driving, crashing the police car about 40 minutes after she took it, officials said.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house