Tex. men pose as police, steal poker machines
The Dallas Morning News
NORTH TEXAS — Two men posing as police officers have stolen gaming machines from convenience stores across North Texas. They walked into stores, told clerks the machines were illegal and pretended to confiscate them, police say.
John LeBlanc was working the register at the Mobil gas station at Garland Road and Lochwood Boulevard in the White Rock area when the impostors showed up on July 22. He was busy with customers when the impostors told him that because his video poker machines paid out real money, they were illegal and would be confiscated.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Tex. men pose as police, steal poker machines
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman