Iowa SD investigates gross highway finds
The Associated Press
MOUNT PLEASANT, Iowa- Sheriff's deputies in Henry County are stuck in the middle of a less-than-appetizing investigation.
Deputy Dan Wesley said as many as 50 garbage and trash bags containing regurgitated food has been dumped over the past three years. The gross deposits have authorities baffled.
"We have done everything short of surveillance out there 24/7," Wesley said. "We have no ideas right now, no leads or anything about where to look."
Bags, ranging in size from small white trash bags to large black lawn bags, have been found with only a couple of inches of the substance in them, Wesley said.
"It's pretty weird," he said. "We haven't worked anything like this before."
A sample was taken from one of the bags and sent to a private lab for analysis. "We haven't found any DNA or anything yet," Wesley said.
And there no suspects in the case. "We were just hoping," Wesley said, "whoever is doing it will stop."
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms