Texas police say bank robber escaped in Mercedes
The Dallas Morning News
PLANO, Texas — A bank robber used a Mercedes-Benz as his getaway car Tuesday morning, police said. The robbery occurred at a Comerica Bank branch in the 2500 block of Dallas Parkway in Plano, said Officer Rick McDonald, Plano police spokesman.
Officer McDonald said that about 11:25 a.m., the man demanded money from a bank teller, was given an undisclosed amount of cash and fled.
The man ran to a nearby parking lot and got into a charcoal-colored, older-model Mercedes. From there, he drove south on the Dallas North Tollway, Officer McDonald said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Texas police say bank robber escaped in Mercedes
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend