Alleged Pa. robber escapes, runs into police
John M. Hoober III, New Era Staff Writer
Copyright 2006 Lancaster Newspapers, Inc.
Lancaster, PA- A man ran the wrong way at the wrong time following a convenience store holdup in downtown Lancaster early today.
Eric Payton, 41, of 13 E. Walnut St., was caught about 30 seconds after he allegedly robbed the A-Plus convenience store at North Prince and East Orange streets at 3:50 a.m., city police Lt. Peter Anders said.
Payton dashed north on Prince Street at the same time officers were rushing out of Lancaster police headquarters at Prince and West Chestnut streets to investigate an unrelated shots-fired call on North Water Street.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Alleged Pa. robber escapes, runs into police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform