Mo. neighborhood fights off a ... police station?
By Heather Ratcliffe ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
Copyright 2006 St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Inc.
MANCHESTER- Strip clubs, landfills, halfway houses -- people often fight to keep those out of their backyards. This month, some residents of Manchester added a police station to the list.
Last week, the Board of Aldermen voted down the move, leaving 55 officers assigned to a tiny station that was supposed to be temporary as their bosses decide what to do next.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen