Officer attacked while accompanying NY mayor in subway
The Associated Press
NEW YORK — A police officer was treated for minor injuries after he was attacked while accompanying Mayor Michael Bloomberg on a subway platform.
The NYPD says the incident occurred around 1:20 p.m. at the Fulton Street station in lower Manhattan.
The mayor was not injured.
The uniformed officer, who was part of Bloomberg's entourage, was jumped by a 30-year-old man who uttered a profanity. They struggled — rolling around on the platform — before the man was taken into custody.
The suspect was taken to a hospital for observation.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman