Arizona deputies find empty casket, look for owner
The Associated Press
TUCSON, Ariz.- An empty casket with a military seal was discovered in a desert area south of Tucson, and sheriff's deputies were looking for the body.
Forensic investigators took DNA samples, and a nationwide alert was issued in hopes of finding out who was the casket, Barkman said.
Deputies were called to a desert area near Interstate 10 around 5:30 p.m. Saturday after two people playing paintball found the casket, Barkman said. The casket was metallic silver with a U.S. Army insignia on it, she said.
"We have a lot of cemeteries, but it could be from anywhere," Barkman said. "Right now we don't have any concrete information where it came from."
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police