Ohio police to whoever left drugs: We feel 'horrible for your loss'
A photograph shows a baggie containing what a detective says is a gram of high-grade crystal methamphetamine
MACEDONIA, Ohio — Northeast Ohio police hoping to figure out who left a bag of methamphetamine in a hotel room trash can say their department feels horrible for the owner's loss and wants to help.
The tongue-in-cheek message posted Tuesday to the Macedonia police Facebook page asks the owner of the drugs to call or stop by to claim them so officers can, in their words, "make your day." A photograph shows a baggie containing what a detective says is a gram of high-grade crystal methamphetamine worth as much as $160.
The detective at the department about 20 miles southeast of Cleveland says there were numerous empty bags in the hotel trash can. Police haven't identified who rented the room using a gift card.
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court