Calif. police give drivers the bird at sobriety checkpoint
Sober drivers spent last night searching for the police checkpoint in Salinas, Calif., where officers were handing out free frozen turkeys to anyone who wasn't driving while impaired.
"The goal is to deter drunk driving, promote sober driving and provide families in need with free turkey," Sgt. Richard Soratos tells The Salinas Californian, a fellow Gannett newspaper.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help