Calif. police give drivers the bird at sobriety checkpoint
Sober drivers spent last night searching for the police checkpoint in Salinas, Calif., where officers were handing out free frozen turkeys to anyone who wasn't driving while impaired.
"The goal is to deter drunk driving, promote sober driving and provide families in need with free turkey," Sgt. Richard Soratos tells The Salinas Californian, a fellow Gannett newspaper.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman