S.C. woman crashes ex-boyfriend's patrol car as revenge
The Associated Press
ROCK HILL, S.C. — Police say a 34-year-old Rock Hill woman stole her ex-boyfriend's sheriff's office patrol car because she was angry at him and crashed the vehicle into a fire hydrant.
Authorities say Angelita Sanchez took the York County cruiser early Tuesday morning and walked to a nearby home after the crash, telling someone inside she needed to hide because she wrecked her boyfriend's car.
A police report says Sanchez told officers several times that her boyfriend broke up with her, so she wrecked his car.
Sanchez has been charged with grand larceny of an automobile over $5,000 and driving under the influence.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court