S.C. woman crashes ex-boyfriend's patrol car as revenge
The Associated Press
ROCK HILL, S.C. — Police say a 34-year-old Rock Hill woman stole her ex-boyfriend's sheriff's office patrol car because she was angry at him and crashed the vehicle into a fire hydrant.
Authorities say Angelita Sanchez took the York County cruiser early Tuesday morning and walked to a nearby home after the crash, telling someone inside she needed to hide because she wrecked her boyfriend's car.
A police report says Sanchez told officers several times that her boyfriend broke up with her, so she wrecked his car.
Sanchez has been charged with grand larceny of an automobile over $5,000 and driving under the influence.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house