Mich. man caught stealing from patrol cars
By John Michalak
Daily Tribune Staff Writer
MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. - A thief definitely was brazen, and some might say stupid, when he picked Madison Heights Police cars as targets for valuables.
"It definitely takes a lot of guts," said Madison Heights Detective Lt. Corey Haines after an officer caught a Waterford man, 48, early Friday rifling through marked patrol cars behind the Madison Heights Police Department on 13 Mile Road near John R.
Police are holding the man and expect to seek charges against him early next week, Haines said.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms