Iowa 'Dice Shooter' nabbed after complaining
IOWA CITY, Iowa — An man who complained to police that he was robbed of his gambling earnings was arrested for illegal betting. Ricky Lee Jones, 53, of Iowa City, was arrested during a traffic stop on Friday and charged with fourth-degree illegal game betting. He was released from jail on his own recognizance.
Police said Jones was shooting dice with Beauhanan D. Walker, 23, on Dec. 27 when Jones apparently became angry at Walker, who grabbed the money being wagered and ran off.
Jones then called police saying he wanted his ''portion of the winnings,'' records show.
Walker was arrested on the same charge on Dec. 28.
If convicted, each man faces up to one year in jail.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend