Local Cop News: April 4, 2008
California: Inmate dies after being stunned with Taser
California: LAPD a big step closer to cameras in patrol cars. The City Council approves a contract with IBM for $5 million, enough money to put the devices in about 300 cars in the department's South Bureau.
Virginia: The attorney for a Crozet man shot Friday during a pre-dawn raid as police served a warrant on a suspect in the Interstate 64 shootings said his client suffered gunshot wounds to both arms and his chest.
New Jersey: Local team prepares to defend world SWAT title
Oklahoma: Police S.W.A.T. Competition
California: Suspect dead, Glendale officer OK after shooting
Texas: The Round Rock Police Department and Texas Rangers are investigating an incident in which three Round Rock officers shot a man after he assaulted and injured an officer, and had gained control of the officer’s baton.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Police: Some Chicago gangs turning to rifles for added firepower
- Video: Alaska police fatally shoot armed man holding hostages
- Retired CHP sergeant dies while protecting friend from robber
- Video: Ind. trooper informs drivers about 'pretty incredible' turn signal
- Del. officer, police cadet killed in off-duty crash