Fla. man arrested for punching police horse
The Associated Press
TAMPA, Fla. — Police say a Lakeland man has been arrested after he punched a police horse in the rear end.
A Tampa Police Department report says 24-year-old Carl Coward, 24, balled his fist and punched the horse in the right rear hip area as the officer and horse were clearing an area in Ybor City early yesterday.
A jail official says Coward was charged with offenses against police animals and has been released from jail on $500 bond. It was not immediately known if he had an attorney.
The report doesn’t say whether the horse was seriously injured.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help