Local Cop News: April 10, 2008
Kansas: Coroner: Taser did not cause man’s death. Haake had a history of cardiac disease and diabetes mellitus, according to the coroner’s release. And the positioning of his body at the time of death also was a contributing factor, Mitchell found.
New York: The regional director of Amnesty International USA will speak tonight about the potential dangers of Taser use by law enforcement, an issue that has gained the attention of some students at Binghamton University since the weapons were introduced on campus last year.
California: Rapper shot dead by Santa Clara police was Santa Cruz “artist”. James - known to audiences as "Almighty Aziz" - became suddenly violent at a party last weekend, according to relatives and friends. He stabbed two friends and a police dog, then was fatally shot by Santa Clara police officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Mich. cop shatters car window after driver refuses to give ID
- Man blows up hand while attempting to kill 2 Ky. deputies
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- Man who claimed girlfriend choked during oral sex acquitted in murder case
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend