Local Cop News: April 10, 2008
Kansas: Coroner: Taser did not cause man’s death. Haake had a history of cardiac disease and diabetes mellitus, according to the coroner’s release. And the positioning of his body at the time of death also was a contributing factor, Mitchell found.
New York: The regional director of Amnesty International USA will speak tonight about the potential dangers of Taser use by law enforcement, an issue that has gained the attention of some students at Binghamton University since the weapons were introduced on campus last year.
California: Rapper shot dead by Santa Clara police was Santa Cruz “artist”. James - known to audiences as "Almighty Aziz" - became suddenly violent at a party last weekend, according to relatives and friends. He stabbed two friends and a police dog, then was fatally shot by Santa Clara police officers
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help