Pa. cops trick witness into identifying shooter
By Julie Shaw
The Philadelphia Daily News
PHILADELPHIA — In an unusual twist revealed in court yesterday, it was disclosed that police detectives had created a fake statement to get a witness in a homicide case to talk.
The case - involving a made-up statement and the tricking of a witness - is one of a kind, attorneys said yesterday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Pa. cops trick witness into identifying shooter
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms