Littering bust lands man in jail on drug charges
The Associated Press
LAWRENCEVILLE, Ga. — Police said a man likely wishes he never threw trash on a highway. That's because littering wasn't the only charge filed against him. The man, 42, faces drug charges after deputies seized six pounds of methamphetamine from his vehicle.
He was arrested Friday on Interstate 85. Deputies also learned he was wanted in Louisiana for failure to appear.
The meth was valued at approximately $350,000 on the streets.
The man was charged with trafficking methampetamine, littering and other traffic violations.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help