Police use garbage to help nab criminals
By Dean Narciso
COLUMBUS, Ohio — A woman who robbed a Dublin tanning salon thought she was home free last year after she tossed her sunglasses, baggy clothes and pistol into a Kroger trash can.
A Rumpke truck already had collected the store's garbage and was en route to the Franklin County landfill.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police use garbage to help nab criminals
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court