Ga. police, firefighters face off in fundraiser
By Megan Matteucci
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Atlanta Fire Lt. Jerome Robinson gulped down five cheeseburgers Sunday and then climbed aboard a firetruck to rush to a call.
The veteran Atlanta firefighter said he didn't think twice about the grumbling in his stomach or the calories in the ounce-and-a-half burgers, which were topped with bacon and an onion ring. All he thought about was fellow firefighter Willie Surry, who remains in the intensive care unit at Grady Memorial Hospital.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ga. police, firefighters face off in fundraiser
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform