Rodney King beats ex-cop in boxing match
By O'Ryan Johnson
BOSTON — In this round of Rodney King vs. the police, King won by unanimous decision.
King, whose videotaped beating by Los Angeles cops touched off three days of riots that killed 53 and wounded 2,000 after the officers involved were acquitted by a white jury in 1992, whooped an ex-cop in a boxing ring near Philadelphia on Friday night, promoters said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Rodney King beats ex-cop in boxing match
- Community Policing
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house