P1 Photo of the Week: The bear essentials of patrol
In a photo provided by the Unicoi County Sheriff's Department, Sgt. Heather Rheams holds on to a bear bear she helped transport to Johnny Lynch's wildlife sanctuary in Unicoi. The bear had been struck by a vehicle on Interstate 26 between the Flag Pond exit and the North Carolina border, bleeding at the mouth and suffered a concussion.
(AP Photo/Unicoi County Sheriff's Department).
Submitted by: Unicoi County Sheriff's Department
PoliceOne wants to see some pictures of you in action or training. Submit a photo - it could be selected as our Photo of the Week! Be sure to include your name, department information and address (including city, state and ZIP code) where we can reach you - Photo of the Week winners now have a chance to win a PoliceOne.com T-shirt!
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Milwaukee Sheriff Clarke takes job with Homeland Security
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Grand jury doesn't indict Ohio officer for fatally shooting teen