Minn. police selling 'DWI chair' on eBay
PROCTOR, Minn. — Police in Minnesota have had to start over again an online auction for a motorized recliner used by a man who pleaded guilty to driving it drunk.
The Proctor police department had to repost the chair after eBay notified them that it was not a La-Z-Boy brand as stated. It has been reposted as the "DWI Chair," which restarted a three-day auction.
Police Chief Walter Wobig is worried that the city of 3,000 will lose a big chunk of revenue, though. The first time, the department received bids topping $43,000 after the chair's story circulated. But by midday Tuesday, bids were up to just $2,550.
The recliner, powered by a lawnmower engine, comes equipped with a stereo, cup holders and lights. Its former owner had pleaded guilty to operating it while intoxicated.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic