Door-to-door pot seller visits Texas cop's home
BROWNSVILLE, Texas — A 19-year-old man was jailed on a drug charge after he allegedly went door-to-door trying to sell marijuana. A Brownsville police spokesman said Anthony Carrazco's alleged scheme went awry when he knocked on a police officer's apartment door.
Spokesman Jimmy Manrrique said the episode happened Thursday downtown near the University of Texas-Texas Southmost College campus. He said Carrazco appeared to be intoxicated and allegedly had three ounces of marijuana with him that he tried to sell door-to-door. Finally, Manrrique knocked the off-duty police officer's door. The officer "said he would be right back and went to get his badge and handcuffs."
Manrrique said the officer, whose identity was withheld, also found a handgun hidden on the man. Carrazco remains in a Cameron County jail with bonds totaling $10,000. No attorney was listed in his booking record.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy