Va. officer allegedly steals fire chief's SUV
Capt. Travis D. Mosher resigned and turned himself in to police
MANASSAS PARK, Va. — A top-ranking member of the Manassas Park police department has been accused of stealing a fire department battalion chief's vehicle during an awards banquet for volunteer firefighters, Prince William County police said.
Capt. Travis D. Mosher was the Manassas Park police department's operations commander, but he resigned Sunday, the day after he turned himself in to police, InsideNova.com reported. A dispatcher at the Manassas Park police department said no one was available to speak to the news media Monday regarding the incident and could not confirm that Mosher had stepped down.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. officer allegedly steals fire chief's SUV
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy