NJ cop's sense of smell leads to $10 million pot bust
The smell of marijuana from a chimney lead to this record bust
Editor’s Note:Editor's note: Nice job! What a great reminder that every one of your senses – even your “cop sense” (See: Pentagon officer 'knew something was about to happen') – can be effective weapons! Well done, officer. That’s a lot of pot that now, thanks to you, will go up in smoke.
By Sam Wood
PORT MONMOUTH, N.J. — A patrol cop with a sensitive schnoz was credited today with uprooting what authorities say is the biggest marijuana-growing operation in New Jersey's history.
Police last month raided six homes - several of them $1 million McMansions - and seized more than $10 million worth of cannabis growing inside under artificial lights, authorities announced today.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help