NY cops visited wrong home more than 50 times
The elderly couple who live at the residence doesn't know why police keep returning
NEW YORK — New York police said they are trying to figure out why officers have visited an elderly couple's home more than 50 times seeking suspects they had never met.
Walter Martin, 83, and his wife, Rose, 82, said police have knocked on their door up to 75 times since 2002 and each time said they were seeking a suspect or key witness in crimes including robbery, murder and rape, the New York Daily News reported Thursday.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: NY cops visited wrong home more than 50 times
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds