SWAT team responds to Alaska teens' pizza heist
The suspects barricaded themselves in a house after stealing a pizza
ANCHORAGE, Alaska — Police say a plot to steal a delivery man's pizza brought out a SWAT team in Alaska.
Police spokesman Lt. Dave Parker says a man trying to deliver a pizza order Sunday night was confronted outside a northeast Anchorage home by a man with a gun and a stick. He says three other people attacked him from behind, grabbed the pizza but ran away without taking his money.
Police say the delivery man then followed one of the attackers, a girl, to a home where police arrested her. They say the other suspects then barricaded themselves in the home, prompting authorities to call in a SWAT team that entered the property.
Joseph Nicalaskey and Cesar Alvarez-Jennings, both 19, and two girls were arrested on charges of robbery and assault. The names of the girls were not released.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house