Prostitute tried to proposition Ohio police chief
The chief, along with another officer, arrested the suspect
FOSTORIA, Ohio — Authorities in Ohio said a prostitute picked the wrong person to proposition: a police chief. Police said the woman approached an unmarked police car in a parking lot and told the man inside that she had what he needed. It turns out the driver was the police chief in the northwest Ohio town.
Chief John McGuire said he told the woman he was going to a bank to get money and instead picked up another officer to hide in the back seat.
When they returned, the pair made the arrest Tuesday afternoon.
The woman pleaded no contest Thursday morning to soliciting prostitution and two drug-related charges and was sentenced to a total of 15 days in jail and $250 in fines. Court records show she had two prior convictions for prostitution.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman