Maine police chase, save, and arrest man
All in a day's work: Foot pursuit, river rescue, make arrest, write report, answer (dumb) questions from local press
By Heather Steeves
Bangor Daily News
CUSHING, Maine — A 28-year-old Warren man was in jail Monday after allegedly crashing his car, running from police, wading into a river and then being dragged by the hair into a boat to save him from drowning.
Justin McLellan has been charged with operating while under the influence, failure to report an accident, leaving the scene of a personal injury accident and operating after suspension. He remained at the Knox County Jail on a probation hold after Sunday's incident.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Maine police chase, save, and arrest man
- Patrol Issues
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Police: 'Severely battered' off-duty Del. trooper fatally shoots boyfriend
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter