'Cop Killer' rapper Ice-T arrested in NY
Pulled over for not wearing seatbelt, ticketed for suspended license
NEW YORK — New York City police say they have arrested rapper-actor Ice-T on accusations of driving with a suspended license.
Police say the entertainer was driving a 2009 Cadillac near West 40th Street and 11th Avenue on Tuesday when officers stopped him for not wearing a seat belt. They said they ran a check and discovered his license was suspended.
The NYPD said he would be given a ticket and released.
Ice-T denied wrongdoing via Twitter. He says he has a valid New Jersey license and calls the police's allegations against him a "lie."
The actor has played Detective Fin Tutuola on the TV drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" since 2000.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house