'Cop Killer' rapper Ice-T arrested in NY
Pulled over for not wearing seatbelt, ticketed for suspended license
NEW YORK — New York City police say they have arrested rapper-actor Ice-T on accusations of driving with a suspended license.
Police say the entertainer was driving a 2009 Cadillac near West 40th Street and 11th Avenue on Tuesday when officers stopped him for not wearing a seat belt. They said they ran a check and discovered his license was suspended.
The NYPD said he would be given a ticket and released.
Ice-T denied wrongdoing via Twitter. He says he has a valid New Jersey license and calls the police's allegations against him a "lie."
The actor has played Detective Fin Tutuola on the TV drama "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" since 2000.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms