Man accused of burglary found sleeping in Wash. police van
The Associated Press
BELLEVUE, Wash.- Police in a Seattle suburb didn't have to go far to arrest a man for investigation of car burglary - he was found sleeping in a special weapons and tactics van.
Officers quickly found burglarized cars, but couldn't determine who might be responsible — until about 4:50 a.m., when two SWAT team members came to the police vehicle maintenance yard to get their van and found a 25-year-old transient asleep in the back, Grannis said.
The man, whose his last known home address was in Louisiana, was booked into the King County jail for investigation of burglary.
No damage or loss estimate was released, but Grannis said none of the burglarized police vehicles had weapons in them.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms