Man looking for a "hot chick" rings N.Y. police
The Associated Press
CANDOR, New York- A man who called emergency authorities because he wanted to see a "hot chick" instead saw the inside of a jail cell.
A sheriff's patrol rushed to the home and found Engelhard, who said he called as a joke and told the deputy - a woman - he just wanted to see a "hot chick."
Lt. Richard Travis said Engelhard did not explain why he thought a call to emergency services was the way to meet a woman.
He was held in the county jail on $1,000 (euro795) bail.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy