Man looking for a "hot chick" rings N.Y. police
The Associated Press
CANDOR, New York- A man who called emergency authorities because he wanted to see a "hot chick" instead saw the inside of a jail cell.
A sheriff's patrol rushed to the home and found Engelhard, who said he called as a joke and told the deputy - a woman - he just wanted to see a "hot chick."
Lt. Richard Travis said Engelhard did not explain why he thought a call to emergency services was the way to meet a woman.
He was held in the county jail on $1,000 (euro795) bail.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests