Utah man caught selling pot to pay for police academy
Also arrested for possession of a stolen firearm and for possession of pills and drug paraphernalia
By Sheena McFarland
The Salt Lake Tribune
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — While police officers arrest pot dealers fairly frequently, Orem police officers heard a pretty unusual reason for the illegal activity during an arrest this weekend.
The 20-year-old man said he was dealing the drugs in order to save up for the police academy.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Actor Tom Hanks is on the beat, flagging car for police