Utah man caught selling pot to pay for police academy
Also arrested for possession of a stolen firearm and for possession of pills and drug paraphernalia
By Sheena McFarland
The Salt Lake Tribune
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — While police officers arrest pot dealers fairly frequently, Orem police officers heard a pretty unusual reason for the illegal activity during an arrest this weekend.
The 20-year-old man said he was dealing the drugs in order to save up for the police academy.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper