Cops nab 'Darth Vader' robbery suspect after goof
Wore a plastic Darth Vader mask before pulling a butcher knife and robbing a convenience store
FERNDALE, Mich. — Police arrested a resident they said wore a plastic Darth Vader mask before pulling a butcher knife and robbing a convenience store. Police in the Detroit suburb said the man fled Monday after demanding all the cash from the register.
Lt. William Wilson told The Daily Tribune of Royal Oak the suspect goofed by putting on the mask while in range of a store surveillance camera.
Forty-one-year-old Jamie C. Hernandez was arraigned Thursday. District Court Magistrate James Brennan set his bond at $50,000.
Hernandez was in the county Thursday night, and it wasn't known if he has a lawyer.
Wilson said Hernandez got the mask from one of his children.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman