Man with coke asks cop for ride, gets busted
When asked if he was carrying anything illegal, the teenager said "yes," before pausing and saying "no"
REDWOOD CITY, Calif. — Authorities say a 19-year-old Northern California man was arrested after he asked a police officer for a ride, agreed to be searched and was found to have cocaine in his pocket.
Ongley Raymond Ocon III was charged with felony possession of cocaine.
San Mateo County prosecutors say Ocon left a party in San Carlos early Sunday morning, walked up to a Redwood City police patrol car and asked for a ride home to Danville.
The officer asked Ocon whether he was carrying anything illegal.
Chief Deputy District Attorney Steve Wagstaffe says Ocon initially responded "yes" before pausing and saying "no."
Wagstaffe tells the Contra Costa Times Ocon then agreed to be searched, and the officer discovered the cocaine.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help