LA cops test the effects of pot on drivers
If California passes Prop. 19, people 21 or older will be allowed to carry up to once ounce of pot and grow up to 25 plants
By PoliceOne Staff
LOS ANGELES — LA Times reporter Steve Lopez wrote a column this week about the LAPD conducting tests aimed at measuring the ways in which marijuana impairs drivers.
California is just weeks away from a vote on Proposition 19 which, if passed, would allow people over 21 years old to carry up to once ounce of pot and grow up to 25 plants in their garden.
Here’s a snippet from the Lopez piece, entitled the Cannabis Chronicles.
“In my youth, I spent more than a few evenings hoping the police weren't keeping close tabs on my activities. So it felt a bit strange last week to have a group of cops paw my marijuana stash and then ask me to get high.”
Read more about the test on the LA Times.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds