Pa. man complained to cops about "nasty" pot
Called 911 to complain about some terrible marijuana he had just purchased
UNIONTOWN, Pa. — A southwestern Pennsylvania man called 911 to complain about some terrible marijuana he had just purchased, which turned out to be something other than pot.
Police say the man told officers he bought the substance earlier that day and that "it was nasty" when he smoked it.
Uniontown Detective Donald Gmitter says a field test determined the substance wasn't pot at all, but police didn't say what it was.
Even though the 21-year-old man didn't technically buy marijuana, he isn't off the hook.
Sgt. Wayne Brown tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that Wednesday's incident remains under investigation, and the man could face a charge of possessing a counterfeit controlled substance.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds